|Facts collected from tagged text on this page|
|Facts about this page|
The core dataset comes from the California Department of Public Health.
Variables in original CA Department of Public Health data
- Up to date:
- Four doses of polio vaccine (three doses are acceptable if at least one dose was received on or after the fourth birthday)
- Five DTP/DT vaccine doses (four doses are acceptable if at least one dose was received on or after the fourth birthday)
- Two doses of measles-containing vaccine, at least one of which must be measles, mumps, and rubella combined. Both doses must have been received on or after the first birthday
- Three doses of hepatitis B vaccine
- One dose of varicella vaccine or physician-documented varicella (chickenpox) disease.
- Conditional: A student who does not meet all requirements. This student must be followed up because he/she: lacks (i.e., is not yet due for) at least one dose and does not have a personal beliefs or permanent medical exemption; orhas a physician affidavit of Temporary Medical Exemption for one or more doses; or is a transfer student who has no record available yet.
- Permanent Medical Exemption Granted upon the filing with the school of a written statement from a licensed physician to the effect that the physical condition of the student or medical circumstances relating to the student are such that immunization is permanently not indicated.
- Personal Belief Exemption A parent signs an affidavit requesting an exemption from the immunization requirements for school entry because all or some immunizations are contrary to the parent's beliefs.
- Per public school district (excluding private schools from the count).).
- Private vs. Public school totals
- Per-vaccination type
We used U.S. Census and ACS data to retrieve additional information about each school district, for the following variables:
- Children 5-17 in poverty - Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates
- Free/Reduced Price Meal Count K-12 - Student Poverty - FRPM Data. In adding this information, we counted only the schools mentioned in the core dataset by California Department of Public Health
- Families with income below poverty level - National Center for Education Statistics
Download the data
To download the cleaned dataset imported to create this DB, click here.
You'll find four spreadsheets, all released under Creative Commons
- All schools
- Public school districts aggregation & Census data
- Types of vaccines
- Public vs. Private